Saturday 4 August 2012

My wedding dress - story and preview


My wedding dress is almost ready and I'm very happy :)
I took some pictures while I was trying it on, 
but it's not ready - the length of it is not yet adjusted.
I altered a bit the pictures because I didn't like the background :)
What I can tell you is that the colour is not pure white - it's a buttery white :)



Just like my civil ceremony dress, the wedding dress is my idea
 and I'll tell you what got me inspired.
First of all I wanted to buy a dress, but after going from store to store I knew 
that I will never find something I liked.
So I started my research.

I found this picture while browsing - I know the picture is taken at a wedding fair.
I liked it, but the skirt was a little too puffy, it showed too much skin
and it was kinda modern for me :)


So, I tried to find a solution that worked for me.
And I did.
I found this blouse at Zara and I just loved the lace details of it -
so the inspiration came along :)
I asked the seamstress to make the blouse tighter and to make me 
a skirt similar to the one in the first picture, but not that puffy.
And she did :)


This is my own result :)
As a personal touch I'll have a cameo pin at my neck :)
How do you like it? :)

There you have it: my lovely wedding dress :)




Follow me if you want to see the whole thing: hair, makeup, etc. :)

Long live the green!
Ionela

15 comments:

  1. Lovely!Just perfect for you!I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Din punctul meu de vedere este un succes. Are un aer retro care sunt sigură că ţi se potriveşte ca o mănuşă.

    www.zadinblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. e foarte frumoasa rochia si ti se potriveste perfect. bravo tie ca ti-ai folosit imaginatia si nu ai copiat pur si simplu ceva gasit pe net

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! you have a very colourful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cat de frumos a putut sa iasa, un mix de vremuri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! this. is. amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete